words fly away; writings remain

My name is Kenzi. perhaps you might be interested, in what i have to say.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Brick by Brick

So, I asked Scott what I should write about and he said I should write about love. I don't think I have ever ventured down this road before, writing about love seems so tacky to me! :P
But this is a bit different type of writing than I'm used to so I might as well give a different topic a try too.

Things in my life are transitioning.
tangling up and straightening out.
And I'm building a life for myself brick by brick. People say this is the most exciting time of my life. Maybe so. There's no dead end and my mind is swimming with little fishies of possibilities.


I'm getting married, and I'll never have to walk alone. I love Scott.
I'm gaining a family. I've always wanted a sister, and I'm acquiring five. Oh yeah.. and four more brothers. :)
I love Linda and Steven for everything they have done for me and Scott. I've never met two people with so much love in their hearts.


With these changes, I'm trying to find my place in the world.. how on earth could I ever do that without my best friend, Mom, who inhales questions and exhales answers.
And Dad.. Two peas in a pod, we are. I find that some times when you really want something from someone you've got to meet them half way. At the bottom of his heart I'll always find love.

It's such an important thing in life to know how to give love, and to learn how to give love freely.

But its twice as important to know how to let love in.

4 comments:

  1. That brought tears to my eyes! Love you big as the sky and the ocean......and forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too, Mom. I'm glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to learn how to let love in.... ohhhh, 3 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not easy, is it. I know exactly how that goes. I hope things have improved since three years ago.

    ReplyDelete