words fly away; writings remain

My name is Kenzi. perhaps you might be interested, in what i have to say.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The clock talked loud. I threw it away, it scared me what it talked. ~Tillie Olsen, Tell Me a Riddle



has my brain ever been so full? ribbons of thought are swirling around in my mind tangling and knotting up. i just can't seem to make sense of any of it.. it's so distracting. they flash in front of my face and fade in and out of each other and they don't mean a thing. it blocks my sight and its distracting.



you say you don't want me to feel like i'm alone. you want me to feel like i have someone to lean on. lonely doesn't mean i don't have anyone. it means everyone thinks one way and i think another. lonely means i'm shouting for help but you don't speak the same language.



i ran away from a town where they try to stand up and stand out in a croud of hundreds standing up and standing out.



things



move



slower



here.









1 comment:

  1. good move throwing away that tilliebitch's clock. we've no need for scaredycats nor talkingclocks around these parts anyway.

    run unbridled in this space of time unmeasured.

    not everyone thinks not one way. perhaps you weren't aware but some of us are omnilingual. some of us even speak shoutingforhelp. quite fluently, I might add. and even more of us understand it but don't speak it well. and the rest of us? might just learn.

    things speed up, things slow down. still waters run deep, no?

    I heard there was a bend in the river with a substrate of particularly swirlish current. devilishly swirlish. so upon further lookinginto, it was revealed by the riverman that while this was true of the surface, it had cut a deep channel, made its mark on the earth with its own meandering path, and that a deeper exploration of this river would reveal the sort of peace unknown to ticking clocks and tangled ribbons.

    I could scarcely believe it.

    So I slept.

    and lo! upon waking, the sun had emerged!

    burning off the lingering haze above, its direct southern exposures of solar power were no match for any body of water, not even the very deepest. so it came to be that each and every tangled current of water was drawn up and up, leaving a canyon so very deep. a walk though it revealed stories which clocks could not measure, once murky in the swirling current but in time, in timeless clockless tickingless time, all was revealed, made clear, understood.

    ReplyDelete