words fly away; writings remain

My name is Kenzi. perhaps you might be interested, in what i have to say.

Friday, February 4, 2011

and i love



i love driving

with you. when

your hand is on my lap.

and you let me turn the music up loud

and i roll the window




all


the


way


down. . . . . . . .
even though it's freezing outside.


and it makes my hair all messy


and i'm hoping that wherever we're going is a thousand miles away.


and we'll never get there, at least not soon, anyway.
and i love it when you hold imaginary bugs.

and SQUISH

them

and make faces when you wipe imaginary bug guts on my shirt.
and i love.



when i make a sad face
so you tell me that you're just kidding.


you didn't really squish him. he's still in your pocket.

...because that's where he lives.


and i love.

when we play the chasing game


around and around and around


the pool table.
until i'm so tired i fall down. and


we laugh we laugh we laugh


and our smiles hold us together and float us up
above the world.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, to be young again. Young Love is fantastic! Old Love isn't too shabby either!

    ReplyDelete